Saturday, August 02, 2014

Vancouver Trip! Pt 4

Vancouver Aquarium and JAPADOG!
On our continuous tour of Stanley Park; next stop was at the Vancouver Aquarium~! It was getting a lot warmer in the afternoon sun but the breeze was very cooling. On the walk up from parking to the aquarium, we saw artists selling their paintings. Sadly was not allowed to photograph, but let's just say, they were stunning, beautiful oil masterpieces.

Up the gentle slopes to the building, was a water wall of a cafe leading to the steps of the aquarium, aquarium gift shop and interesting statue.

It's a Wall-terfall [lol].
Beautiful tribal statue. I believe it's an Orca Whale? I'm not sure.
Chilling with the lovely statue, haha. That seat was actually very hot from the sun.
There were a lot of people lined up to enter the aquarium.. but what was most unexpected was the tickets were shockingly expensive; almost $40 per person!! It was a bit disappointing, however that feeling wavered quickly. The aquarium was small so probably not too many things to see. So basically, took a picture with the statue, browsed around the gift shop, enjoyed the cool AC and walked back down to the car.

On our way down, I was already hungry and craving something I saw yesterday. And to my surprise, there it was, a JAPADOG stand right there.. getting ready for business! I was so stupidly excited mainly because it was authentic with Japanese people!

The JAPADOG stand prepping~
JAPADOG Menu~ Yum yum yum *Q*
I have wanted to try Japanese styled hot dogs for a while. I have been craving it since the night before I slept through dinner due to my headache. The one I had was number 3; Okonomi! As much as I wanted to devour it quickly from hunger, but I savored it. The sausage was so juicy.. and the texture was great with the bonito flakes. My sister had number 8; which was an interesting flavor; Salmon sausage.

Salmon and Okonomi Japadogs.
After lunch, we nommed some ice cream desserts and then headed back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment