Thursday, June 03, 2010

A Wake-up Escape


There are times when dreams are sweet, pleasant, and would make you sleep in just to continue. But, ever had a dream so vividly bizarre you just can't seem to wake up? I certainly had an oddball of an adventure this morning.

It began in an empty room with walls of white and a floor of endless deep water. A stepping stone pathway drifted to the top and I followed stone by stone. It led to a floating bed, piled high of blankets. Subconsciously, I pulled out the same blankets I had and the pile disappeared. The empty bed waited quietly. Curious what would happen, I rearranged my selected blankets and created a nest. Suddenly the walls grew dark and the floor churned like the sea in a storm. At this point, I was terrified. My 'nest' became a black vortex and sucked everything in, the walls, floor, and myself.


Now, thinking I would wake up soon, was free-falling in what seemed like the night sky. I looked closely and noticed that I was falling past an upside down vertical city. Thrashing as hard as I could, I somehow managed to propel myself onto a ledge and held on for dear life! After dragging myself to safety, I cautiously looked down. What I felt after the thing I saw can't be expressed in words. It was a giant fat worm with clown-faced patterns along the body and the head of the Burger King guy. It was slowly inching upwards toward the city. I, undoubtedly felt disturbed. Just thinking back to it gives me goosebumps.

As I turned away from the ledge, three doors appeared; green, purple, and pink. I opened the purple door first and saw a group of raving Chocobos barbecuing Na'Vis for dinner. I didn't know whether to laugh or gawk at the situation so I plainly closed the door and did a double take just to be sure. Yup, roasting a 10ft blue giant for dinner. Second try, I opened the green door and peered inside. It was dimly lit and I could only make out the shadow of a crowd. I set my foot inside and the crowd instantly turned around; Silent Hill nurses, monsters and Pyramid Head. Horrified I slammed the door and bolted into the pink door and ran.

I ran and ran in the darkness, but it felt like heading nowhere. Then, a sudden rush of white and the walls slowly painted itself with color. I slowed down to catch my breath and look at what was happening. Then the walls opened up, background music was playing and the sky resembled that of Katamari. Out of nowhere, a huge chocolate chip cookie spaceship fell from the sky and was rolling towards me, picking up everything in its path. Clearly I'm in a Katamari game and running for my life so I don't get rolled up. I ran through several games: Spyro, Crash, Puzzle Bubble, Street Fighter, and Prince of Persia before I finally woke up to a cellphone call.

2 comments:

  1. ROFL that was probly the weirdest dream ever :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an urge to do some burger king magic :|

    now to go find a centipede..

    ReplyDelete