Sunday, September 01, 2013

S1.American Horror Story

I've recently finished watching season 1 American Horror Story, well, technically I decided to pick up on it again. I first watched it during my flight to Taiwan last summer and fell asleep due to it's slow, slow pace. I didn't watch it again until recently when my sister spoke about it and suggested it was good, scary, and something I'd enjoy. So, I gave it a try and here is my verdict:

It's not so much as to "scary" unless whoever is watching the series also lives in an old, historical home and is quite fine-tuned spiritually. Other than that, I did find it relatively interesting to watch. And to be honest, at one point in the season, I did think how glad I was to not be living in an old home with a long history of death and murder. It would be absolutely terrifying.. and one may get paranoid too with such knowledge.

In the series, there is strong character development and quite a bit of dialogue too. However, it was well executed. You really have to pay attention to everything said along with what is revealed to you and piece it together. The episodes were built in a way where it played with your mind, thus I say it was rather a psychological mind-fuck than scary. I highly recommend the series. The actors are awesome.. they're convincing and definitely bring the script to life.

I'm starting season 2, and will finish quite quickly..~
Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment