Sunday, December 16, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

A late night movie, Snow White and the Huntsman~ It was a movie that I've wanted to watch for awhile because of the slight plot twist on the fairy tale.. and as well as the actors/actresses in the film, haha~ ♥

Some personal notes and spoilers to those who didn't watch it.

Snow White, played as by Kirsten Stewart, acted quite well compared to Bella, in the Twilight series (which one could tell she must've hated her role and played it half-assed). Although there might me some areas she could have done better. Not to be a critic, since I'm not professed in it. However it does require persuasion so that one can see you as the character. Her choking death scene when the evil queen tricked her into eating the apple.. as she was dying she closed her eyes too blatantly quick. She could have done a dramatic eye-roll back and then close eyes.. -shrug-

One of my favorites throughout the film was the evil Queen Ravenna, played by Charlize Theron. She was absolutely perfect for the role. The way she spoke was persuasively believable and in-character. I don't think any other actress could have performed it as well as she did. The way she said her lines before killing the king.. it made me shudder..
"Indeed, my Lord. I was ruined by a king like you once. I replaced his queen, an old woman. And in time, I, too would have been replaced. Men use women. They ruin us and when they are finished with us, they toss us to their dogs like scraps. When a woman stays young and beautiful forever, the world is hers. First, I will take your life, my lord, and then I will take your throne."
As for the huntsman, Chris Hemsworth did an amazing job. And I'm sure fangirls of him as Thor must have either been hissing or have their fandom heart broken because he kissed Kirsten, lollll! I know for sure I muttered "Oh you lucky.." during that scene, haha!

That's all I can really think of at the moment.. so sleepy..zzZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment