Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Life to Imagination#1

One of the most important things in becoming an artist, is basics. You have to understand them, practice them, and be good with them. They're the foundations of a finished drawing.

Knowing that, I went back to drawing basics; still life! Yes it may be boring, however, drawing still life allows you to practice basic shapes and the perspective of these shapes. I'm quite rusty myself so I've gone back to the basics as you can see below.

A little daily thing I'll be doing.. Still Life objects to Imagination!!


Part 1: It may not look like it, but the object is actually one of those back hammers with plastic studs to hit pressure points. Looks funny right?
Part 2: Using the first sketch as a guide, I drew it facing the same direction but added an imaginative element. It was quite interesting how it turned out as I drew anything that came to mind. So it sort of turned into a weird alien plant-like thing... haha ^^;;

P.S. I apologize for the bad lighting! I don't have a scanner just yet, so it's taken with my phone camera. ><;;

No comments:

Post a Comment